Friday, May 28, 2010

Don't Worry...Be Happy


This week I'm trying something new. This new thing may seem easy to many people, but it's hard for me. I have to work at it, and ask God to help me do it countless times a day. This thing has helped my outlook so much, though.

Last week, I wrote a blog about counting your blessings. Well, this is slightly similar, but just a continuation of what God's been teaching me through that whole counting the blessings thing.

My new aspiration is to look at the positive and good things in every situation. Yes, I, Whitney Michelle Hall, just said that I am looking at the positive. Growing up...well, long story short, the phrase "if you can't say anything nice, don't say anything at all" was permanently ingrained in my memory at a young age. So, that is why this is such a big deal for me.









So yeah, that has been my plan and will continue to be. Forget being uptight and mad or annoyed about everyone and everything. I am giving the situation to God and asking Him to let me look at it through His perspective. Don't Worry, Be Happy, has some lyrics that I am taking to heart.
















Don't Worry, Be Happy
by Bobby McFerrin

Here is a little song I wrote
You might want to sing it note for note
Don't worry be happy
In every life we have some trouble
When you worry you make it double
Don't worry, be happy...















Cause when you worry
Your face will frown
And that will bring everybody down
So don't worry, be happy...







Put a smile on your face
Don't worry. Be happy.















3 comments:

  1. Me likey this idea... I think I should follow your example. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice post, your little brother is SO cute!

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love the pictures :) positive thinking..i like it. :o)

    ReplyDelete