Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Last night at prayer meeting, we discussed discouragement and encouragement, and what encourages us when we're discouraged. The song "Count Your Many Blessings" was brought up. Yes, it's an old-fashioned hymn that isn't heard often, but the lyrics help to put things in perspective for me.

When upon life's billows
You are tempest tossed
When you are discouraged,
Thinking all is lost
Count your many blessings,
Name them one by one
And it will surprise you
What the Lord. has. done.


So often the negative is focused on as opposed to the positive. What if I started focusing on the positive and how God's shown Himself to be trustworthy and powerful? I think my outlook on life would completely change.

I have a choice. A choice that will alter the course of how I live my life. What will I choose?

Optimism or pessimism.
Trust or doubt.
Love or hate.
Truth or lies.
Victory or defeat.


I choose:

Optimism.



















Trust.




















Love.

















Truth.


















Victory.















What will you choose?

4 comments:

  1. WOW!! Whitney I love this post! This is where I am so often, like right now. Which will I choose? Will I trust God and push on? Will I remember what God has done or be like the Isrealites that forgot the second things turned sour? Thanks for the encouragement! :)
    I love the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good post, and so true. When we choose to focus on God, He truly DOES change our outlook on life!:-)
    (btw, I loved the pics!)
    ~Meagan~

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE the pictures you chose to convey the concepts!

    Have a fabulouso day my friend!!
    Matt. 6:33

    ReplyDelete